Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Wedding Guest Attire

Love is in the air...starting with this faux suede A-line dress!
I know that "wedding season" technically started 3-4 months ago but where I live our best weather starts now and so our "wedding season" is just ramping up. Plus, I have a long time girlfriend's wedding approaching  so I have wedding fashion on the brain. 
I love weddings for several reasons...I mean who doesn't love, love? Not to mention partying with a few of your favorites, all the pretty flowers and of course it is the best excuse to get dolled up.
This steel blue faux suede fit & flair number is a contender for the day wedding I am attending in Carmel Valley early this August. It is from the Australian designer Fate and it has quickly become one of my more favorite dresses currently hanging in my closet. I found the exact same dress linked here in case you want to wear it too. 

The wrap bracelet I am wearing (similar in gold) is my go-to and is from one of my favorite jewelry designers out of Los Angeles, Elizabeth Stone. If you are not familiar with her you NEED to be!
These shoes are one of my all time favorites by Jessica Simpson. They are super comfortable and they seriously make my feet feel so sexy...which is kind of weird. I bought them last wedding season from DSW and cannot find them now but I found a very similar pair for you that I am sure are just as comfy and sexy as mine. 

My drop dangle necklace is from Stella & Dot and I seriously throw it on with almost every outfit I own. It is very versatile and very fun. I have it in silver but it also comes in gold...great, now I want it in gold too! 

When shopping for a dress to wear as a wedding guest I always keep the following questions in mind:
  1. What time of day is the wedding? In my book anything 5pm or later should be a tad more formal even if it is not stated as formal, evening or cocktail attire on the invitation. 
  2. Where is the wedding venue? 
  3. What is the wedding party wearing? I don't know about you but I always feel a tad awkward when I match the bridesmaids. Plus, if I know the groomsmen are wearing full tuxes I make sure the hubs (and myself) lean towards the more formal side even if formal was not specified on the invitation or website.
  4. Can I wear the dress again? Maybe to a luncheon or to holiday party?
  5. Can I dance comfortably in this dress? (This one is very important!) :)
I've linked tons of wedding guest attire looks for you starting with a couple of suede numbers like mine. 

Looking for something a little more formal? Don't worry, I got you covered. 

And don't forget about accessories. You can really change the vibe of an outfit depending on how you accessorize. 
What is your go-to wedding guest style?

XO,
Jenna  

Sign up to receive blog posts by email (in the right hand column of the blog) so you don't miss out on all things Mavelle! You can also follow Mavelle Style on Bloglovin'.

1 comment:

  1. They catered my wedding last month and they were amazing! Don't overlook these gorgeous San Francisco wedding venues!! It's something you have to check out in person. My family and friends could not stop talking about how good the food was and how sweet the staff was!

    ReplyDelete