Saturday, October 24, 2015

Time to Drink Champagne & Dance on Tables!

Mavelle Style Turns Two & We Have Some News!
Let's go back to August of 2013 for a minute. The Hubs and I were in Costa Rica enjoying a mojito and a pretty epic lightning storm when I told him that, one day, I wanted to get back into the creative world. He was not only supportive of the idea but has been encouraging me ever since. 

I had recently left the event industry (I did floral design and marketing for an event design company for almost 5 years) and was now 5 months into my new marketing gig in the corporate world. As happy as I was about my new job I quickly learned that the opportunity I was hoping for was not going to be there. It was at this time I realized I needed to create something on my own if I wanted the freedom to express myself and to grow. 
Cue the daydreaming...I wanted to be a fashion designer (I sketch clothing in my free time), I wanted to open a boutique (maybe I still will), I wanted to be Carrie Bradshaw and write for Vogue (what fashionista wouldn't?) then one day it hit me. I love fashion, I love to write and I think I am pretty darn good at marketing...so why not write about fashion and market myself? #Genius 
Side Note: I have a weird obsession with recreating American Gothic every chance I get. 

Fast forward to October 2013. I remember standing in the kitchen with my hubby as he was cooking dinner (I was probably drinking wine and micromanaging how much salt he was adding) and I was scrolling through my Instagram feed. I looked up and said, "I can do this." He said, "What babe?" and I showed him a few of my favorite bloggers and said, "I am going to start a lifestyle blog. I am going to write about fashion, food and living a stylish lifestyle." He simply said, "Do it!" 
And so I did and I can't believe it has been two years since I started this lil' ol' blog of mine. It hasn't always been easy, especially finding the time to write with everything else that was going on the past two years, but it has been fun.
Ready for the news? Yesterday was my last day at that corporate job I wrote about above. Well, kind of...somehow I was convinced to stay part-time to train the new me. However, mentally, I have already moved on to the next exciting thing in my life. I am thrilled to announce that Mavelle Style is branching out and I am finally able to publicize Mavelle Media, a boutique marketing firm (website coming soon).



That was my happy dance in case you missed it. 
PS- This skirt rocks for solo dance parties! 

As eager as I am to be going out on my own I want to give a shout out to my former coworkers. What I have learned from so many of you is irreplaceable and I will forever be grateful for the opportunities I have had. I look forward to continuing to learn as I grow not only Mavelle Media but continue to grow Mavelle Style and within myself as a business owner and lifestyle blogger. I also want to thank my family and friends for encouraging me and being faithful followers of Mavelle Style (you know who you are). I know so many of you are proud of me and are just as excited as I am to see where this journey leads. Thank you! 

And now a huge, HUGE shout out to my hubby. Without you none of this would be possible. You are my best friend, my rock, partner in life and most of all the love of my life. I am so thankful for you and I am so grateful that you love me, support me and believe in me. Lovey, there is nobody else I'd rather have by my side in all of life's crazy beautiful journeys. Thanks stud...Here's looking at you. 
Cheers two years of Mavelle Style and many more to come with Mavelle Media!

Like my celebratory looks? Get the details below.
Skirt: LC Lauren Conrad Runway Collection I seriously love this skirt and will wear it even when it doesn't make sense to be in a ballroom skirt. 
Plus, bonus for you all...it's on sale!  
Jewelry: Belt/Headband, Earrings (similar), Necklace (similar and here)
Tank: Similar

Dress: Albert Makali: Similar (This is the same color as mine. My bridesmaids almost wore a combo of the two styles) or you can rent the exact same style as mine for only $50 but in silver here  
Jewelry: Mine is vintage from my great aunt: Necklace (similar and here) Earrings: (similar)
Boots: Justin Brown Classics I have had these forever and love them. 


#NeverSlowingDown #CantStopWontStop #GirlBoss

XO,
Jenna


Shameless Plug: Know a business that needs to amp up their social media presence? Tell them about Mavelle Media. 

Okay, time to celebrate. Bye...For Now!




4 comments:

  1. Eeeek, yay! I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see where this adventure takes you! So super proud of you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am super stoked :-)

      Delete
  2. How did I not see this until now?! Jenna, you're amazing in so many ways. Thanks for hanging in there and being my "left hand" lady for so long, though I always knew you were destined for bigger and better things and now you're truly living your dreams. You're an inspiration! So happy, proud (and also slightly envious ;) Congrats and best wishes. I'll always be a loyal fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That means so much to hear. We still need to meet up for lunch or queso and cocktails.

      Delete