Friday, February 19, 2016

Reflecting on Life & Sharing My Birthday Look


Yesterday was my 31st birthday. It is honestly hard to believe that I am in my 30's. Not because I think I am old, let's be real...your 30's are your best years, but because I don't know where the time has gone. I mean I graduated, from college, almost 9 years ago...that is nuts. So much has happened since then and yet it doesn't feel like it was that long ago. It's kind of weird.

Birthday Dinner on the Monterey Fisherman's Wharf 

Every year, on my birthday, I reflect on the past year which tends to lead to reflecting on life in general. I can honestly say that I am very happy with where I am in my life and wouldn't change my journey one bit because it got me here. My journey has not always been easy...I'm telling you God likes to test me but that is because he knew how strong I was before I did.


My advice to everyone (and I am no expert) is to live in the moment because if you don't the little moments that make life so fabulous will pass you by. As fun as college was I don't need to go back, as carefree as my early 20's were I am content with now being responsible and as much as I enjoy having new "things" I am fully aware that I already have the best of everything.

Just to be clear; I am not giving up my goals and I am definitely not giving up my dreams but I am taking more time to breathe in the moments that are pushing me towards those goals and dreams and making sure the people who support me, love me and encourage me towards those goals and dreams feel appreciated. Haters can be left behind :-)

There is nothing quite like the feeling of not caring if you are being judged, loving the life you are living, wanting what you already have, being comfortable in your skin and working hard because you love what you do.

Thank you for letting me be real with you all for a moment there.

Now, let's have some fun...here are some shots of my Birthday outfit that my Mama took before we went to celebrate being 31!








Vegan Leather Leggings: Nasty Girl
Extended Tunic Tee: Left of Center from Anthropologie (similar linked below)
Clutch: Francesca's (similar linked below)
Headband (it's actually a belt I wore as a bridesmaid): Tang Creations on Etsy
Necklace: Bridesmaid Gift (similar and here)

Shop a similar look here:


God puts you exactly where you are supposed to be.
Life is Crazy...Crazy Beautiful that is.

XO,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment