Friday, April 29, 2016

Fresh Squeezed Tres Citrus Margaritas!

Warning...this margarita recipe is tart!


If you aren't one for sour beverages you should make this margarita recipe anyway! All you have to do is add more agave nectar and I promise even those with a sweet-tooth will enjoy it.



With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner I thought now was the perfect time to share this refreshing, simple and delicious margarita recipe. This margarita recipe was inspired by my Bestie (who also just so happened to get us the juicer as a wedding gift). When the hubs and I were visiting her in LA she and her boyfriend made this deliciousness for us and it was at that moment that we decided we could never drink margaritas without fresh squeezed juice again.

I recently tried these margaritas out on a group of friends and got a round of approvals; even for the nonalcoholic version. 

Below is my recipe for Fresh Squeezed Tres Citrus Margaritas!



Serves: 6+/- (depending on the amount of juice your fruit produces and your glass size. I make this recipe in cocktail tumblers that hold an 8 oz pour without ice to give you some kind of perspective)
Prep Time: 30 minutes (if you are going to fresh squeeze your citruses like I do. Or if you don't have a juicer or the time I also like using the fresh squeezed juices called Just Lime, Just Lemon etc.)
Serve blended or on the rocks...up to you but I like it on the rocks.

What You Will Need:



  1. 10 Limes (about 2 cups fresh lime juice)
  2. 5 Lemons (about 1 cup fresh lemon juice)
  3. 2 Grapefruits (about 1 and 1/2 cups fresh grapefruit juice)
  4. Tequila Silver
  5. 6 Tbsp Agave Nectar 
  6. Jalapeño, Lime and Lemon for garnishing
  7. Sugar in the Raw
  8. Margarita Salt
Let's Get Started:

  1. Slice all your citrus and get juicing. I like to do all of the limes, then the lemon and then the grapefruit (or whatever order) so I can measure out how much juice I am getting out of each but it really doesn't matter. That is probably just the control freak in me. 
  2. Combine the juices (if you haven't already been doing so as you go along) from all three citruses into a pitcher or something similar. 
  3. Add in the agave nectar and stir. I use a container with a lid so I can really shake it up and make sure everything is blended nicely.
  4. On a dish, blend equal parts raw sugar and margarita salt for your glass rims.
  5. Wet the rim of each glass (I use a lemon wedge to do this but you can also just use water).
  6. Dip each glass into the salt/sugar mixture and make sure there is a good covering all around.
  7. Fill each glass with ice
  8. Add 1 oz silver tequila poured over the ice
  9. Fill the remainder of the glass with the fresh squeezed juice
  10. Top with .5 oz of tequila (you can skip this or add more...up to you)
  11. Garnish with a sliced lemon and lime wedge and a jalapeño slice.
  12. Finally...Serve & Enjoy
  13. Lastly...Call an Uber :-)

To make a non-alcoholic version (which I recently did for my preggo friend above) follow all of the steps including the sweet & salty glass rim and garnishes (no reason to miss out on the fun just because you can't booze). Except hold the tequila (obviously) and add an extra squirt of agave nectar (about 1 tbsp) and a splash of club soda!


Have fun lovies and please remember to always drink responsibly.



XO,
Jenna

Sign up to receive blog posts by email (in the right hand column of the blog) so you don't miss out on all things Mavelle! You can also follow Mavelle Style on Bloglovin'.



No comments:

Post a Comment